Does your tree drop leaves mid summer?
- This may be cause by a fungus.
- Drought stress can also cause some minor leaf drop.
Is your spruce loosing needles?
- Needlecast disease typically starts from the bottom of the tree.
- Low sunlight can also cause needle drop
- Insect damage can also be a factor.
- Fungicide programs are typically done in early spring.
- Cool wet weather promotes fungal growth
- Fungicides are designed for PREVENTION.
- Once a fungus is established on a leaf/needle it can not be removed.
- Programs consist of 3-4 treatments which are 10-14 days apart.
Deciduous Tree Program Details
- These trees drop their leafs each fall.
- This program begins when the leaves start to emerge.
- Spring rains help bounce the fungus into the tree where it tries to establish.
- Once established the leafs develop spots and are unable to resist drought stress.
- A new fungus will try to establish each spring
- Trees are either resistant or prone to this disease.
Evergreen Tree Program Details
- Trees with “Needles” Typically spruce
- New fungus will try to establish on the NEW GROWTH each spring
- Spring rain will help bounce the fungus into the tree
- Fungicide programs focus on protecting the new growth
- Needles will drop 1-2 years after infection
Manganese For Spruce
Manganese helps to promote new growth in evergreen trees.
- This is a great product to combine with the fungicide program.