Fertilization is a key factor in maintaining your property. Most areas in central Ohio have a high clay content. Combined with construction waste, lack of good top soil, and chemical run off from roadways it can turn your yard into the perfect storm.
How Can Fertilization Help My Plants?
- Maintains nutrient levels
- Helps plants to resist drought and disease
- Helps the plant to remain resistant to certain pests
Too Much Of A Good Thing
- Do not fertilize a stressed tree
- Standard fertilization can cause a new flush of growth. This flush of growth takes up energy. It’s like trying to run a marathon with the flu.
- If your tree is stressed, there are other products that can be used to relieve the stress.